Digitek Side Effects
Severe Digitek Side Effects
An individual who has taken the recalled Digitek may experience the following side effects:
- bradycardia (abnormally slow heart beat)
- cardiac instability
- low blood pressure (hypotension)
These are the Digitek side effects described in the voluntary recall announcement by Digitek’s manufacturer, Actavis Totowa LLC. The U.S.Food and Drug Administration (FDA) also listed these side effects as the reason for its April 2008 Safety Alert regarding Digitek.
Common Digitek Side Effects
Digitek has other, more common side effects that may appear even with a dosage that is not mistakenly doubled (as in the recalled Digitek). These side effects include:
- abdominal pain
- adverse cardiac effects
- confusion and mental disturbances (e.g., hallucinations, anxiety, delirium, and depression)
- gynecomastia (enlargement of male breasts)
- hemorrhagic necrosis of the intestines
- intestinal ischemia
- maculopapular rash (a flat, red areas on the skin covered with small bumps, as in measles)
- nausea and vomiting
- thrombocytopenia (low platelet count in the blood, making an increased risk of bleeding)
- visual disturbances (blurred or yellow vision; the appearance of blurred outlines/halos)
Do you have a Digitek claim?
If you or your loved one has suffered a serious injury or death as a result of Digitek, you may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, loss of wages, and pain and suffering.
Please contact our Digitek lawyers today by filling out the brief questionnaire, or by calling our toll free number (1-800-898-2034) for a free, no-cost, no-obligation legal evaluation of your case.